TO SIR, WITH LOVE - BD
THIS ITEM IS AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR PAYMENT WILL BE TAKEN IMMEDIATELY, AND THAT THE ITEM WILL BE DISPATCHED JUST BEFORE THE LISTED RELEASE DATE.
SHOULD YOU ORDER ANY OF THE ALREADY RELEASED ITEMS FROM OUR CATALOGUE AT THE SAME TIME AS THIS PRE-ORDER ITEM, PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR PURCHASES WILL ALL BE SHIPPED TOGETHER WHEN THIS PRE-ORDER ITEM BECOMES AVAILABLE.
PLEASE PLACE A SEPARATE ORDER FOR PRE-ORDERS IF YOU WISH TO HAVE IN-STOCK ITEMS SHIPPED SOONER.
(James Clavell, 1967)
Release date: 26 April 2021
Standard Edition Blu-ray
Sidney Poitier gives one of his finest performances as Thackeray, an out-of-work engineer who decides to try his hand at teaching, only to be faced with a class full of unruly teens (including Christian Roberts, Judy Geeson, Suzy Kendall, and Lulu) intent on breaking his spirit. But Thackeray, no stranger to hostility, meets the challenge by treating the students as young adults. When offered an engineering job, Thackeray must decide if he wants to stay.
INDICATOR STANDARD EDITION SPECIAL FEATURES
- 2K restoration
- Audio commentary with Judy Geeson and film historians Julie Kirgo and Nick Redman
- Audio commentary with novelist E.R. Braithwaite and author/teacher Salome Thomas-El
- Those Schoolboy Days (2016, 24 mins): interview with actor Christian Roberts
- Look and Learn (2016, 11 mins): interview with art director Tony Woollard
- E.R. Braithwaite: In His Own Words (2011, 24 mins): the writer discusses his life and work
- Lulu and the B-Side (2011, 5 mins): interview with the acclaimed singer
- Miniskirts, Blue Jeans and Pop Music! (15 mins): a look at the swinging sixties
- To Sidney with Love (2011, 5 mins): agent Marty Baum on Sidney Poitier
- Principal El: He Chose to Stay (2011, 11 mins): interview with teacher and author Thomas-El
- Isolated score: experience Ron Grainer’s original soundtrack music
- Image gallery: promotional material
- Original theatrical trailer
- New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
BBFC cert: PG