THE ST. VALENTINE'S DAY MASSACRE - LE
THIS ITEM WAS A LIMITED EDITION AND IS NOW OUT-OF-PRINT.
STANDARD EDITIONS ARE HERE.
(Roger Corman, 1967)
Release date: 30 April 2018 (OOP date: 1 November 2021)
Limited Edition Blu-ray (UK Blu-ray premiere)
Roger Corman’s most ambitious and expensive production – his only film for a major studio – is a violent and lurid account of the events leading up to one of the most infamous events in American crime history. Detailing the bitter and brutal rivalry between feuding Chicago mob bosses Al Capone and ‘Bugs’ Moran, Corman’s vividly realised film features terrific performances from Jason Robards, Ralph Meeker and George Segal, and remains one of Corman’s best films.
INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION SPECIAL FEATURES
• 4K restoration from the original negative
• Original mono audio
• Roger Corman Remembers (2014, 4 mins): the director discusses the making of The St. Valentine’s Day Massacre
• Scenes of the Crime (2018, 14 mins): a critical analysis by Barry Forshaw, film historian and author of American Noir
• The Man of a Thousand Voices (2018, 11 mins): a new appreciation of the great voice actor Paul Frees by Ben Ohmart, author of Welcome, Foolish Mortals: The Life and Voices of Paul Frees
• Super 8 version: original cut-down home cinema presentation
• Original theatrical trailer
• Roger Corman trailer commentary (2013, 3 mins)
• Image gallery: promotional photography and publicity material
• New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
• Limited edition exclusive 40-page booklet with a new essay by Neil Sinyard, archival interviews with Roger Corman, contemporary critical responses, and film credits
• UK premiere on Blu-ray
• Limited Edition of 3,000 copies
BBFC cert: 15