THE PUMPKIN EATER - LE
THIS ITEM WAS A LIMITED EDITION AND IS NOW OUT-OF-PRINT.
STANDARD EDITIONS ARE HERE.
(Jack Clayton, 1964)
Release date: 4 December 2017 (OOP date: 23 October 2021)
Limited Edition Blu-ray (World Blu-ray premiere)
Anne Bancroft delivers a towering performance as a deeply troubled and tormented wife in this sharply observed portrait of a woman – and a marriage – in crisis. Directed by Jack Clayton (Room at the Top, The Innocents), with a screenplay by Harold Pinter (The Birthday Party) based on the acclaimed novel by Penelope Mortimer, this spellbinding film boasts sublime cinematography by the great Oswald Morris (Look Back in Anger, Fragment of Fear), a wonderful score by Georges Delerue (Le Mépris) and outstanding supporting performances from James Mason (The Deadly Affair), Maggie Smith (California Suite) and Yootha Joyce (Fanatic, Fragment of Fear).
INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION SPECIAL FEATURES
• High Definition remaster
• Original mono audio
• Selected scenes commentary with author and film historian Neil Sinyard
• Jeremy Mortimer on Penelope Mortimer (2017, 32 mins): the son of the celebrated author gives a fascinating biographical overview of her life and work
• Brian West on 'The Pumpkin Eater' (2017, 4 mins): the film's camera operator recalls his time working with Jack Clayton and celebrated director of photography Oswald Morris
• Dinah and Fergus (2017, 12 mins): actors Frances White and Fergus McClelland remember playing their roles as children in The Pumpkin Eater
• Original theatrical trailer
• Image gallery: a collection of on-set photography, promotional stills and poster artwork
• New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
• Limited edition exclusive 40-page booklet with a new essay by Melanie Williams, an archival interview with art director Ted Marshall, extracts from Penelope Houston's 'Keeping up with the Antonionis' article, contemporary reviews, and film credits
• World premiere on Blu-ray
• Limited Edition of 3,000 copies
BBFC cert: 12