THE MIND OF MR SOAMES - LE
THIS ITEM WAS A LIMITED EDITION AND IS NOW OUT-OF-PRINT.
STANDARD EDITIONS ARE HERE.
(Alan Cooke, 1970)
Release date: 24 September 2018 (OOP date: 9 June 2020)
Limited Blu-ray Edition (World Blu-ray premiere)
Based on a best-selling novel by Charles Eric Maine, Amicus Productions’ The Mind of Mr. Soames is a contemporary reworking of the Frankenstein story. Terence Stamp (The Collector, Far from the Madding Crowd) is a young man left comatose from birth, who is awakened live on TV into a world he can’t comprehend, and exploited as a living curiosity.
Remarkably prescient in its depiction of reality television and media turpitude, the film also boasts a superb supporting cast, including Robert Vaughn, Nigel Davenport, Christian Roberts, Donal Donnelly and Vickery Turner, and features luminous cinematography by the great Billy Williams (Women in Love, The Wind and the Lion, Gandhi).
INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES
• High Definition remaster
• Original mono audio
• Audio commentary with Kevin Lyons, editor of The Encyclopedia of Fantastic Film and Television, and Jonathan Rigby, author of English Gothic: Classic Horror Cinema 1897–2015
• The Mind of Mr Stamp (2018, 19 mins): new and exclusive interview with Terence Stamp in which he discusses his early career and the time he spent away from acting
• Memories of Mr Soames (2018, 5 mins): actor Christian Roberts, cinematographer Billy Williams, researcher John Comfort, and sound mixer John Aldred recall their experience of working on the film
• Original theatrical trailer
• Image gallery: promotional photography and publicity material
• New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
• Limited edition exclusive 36-page booklet with a new essay by Laura Mayne, contemporary interviews with Stamp, Nigel Davenport and Robert Vaughn, profiles of cinematographer Billy Williams and writer David McIlwain, contemporary critical responses, and film credits
• World premiere on Blu-ray
• Limited Edition of 3,000 copies
BBFC cert: PG