THE CHASE - LE
THIS ITEM WAS A LIMITED EDITION AND IS NOW OUT-OF-PRINT.
STANDARD EDITIONS ARE HERE.
(Arthur Penn, 1966)
Release date: 25 September 2017 (OOP date: March 2020)
Limited Dual Format Edition (UK Blu-ray premiere)
Preceding Bonnie and Clyde by a year, Arthur Penn's (Mickey One) acclaimed film boasts enviable pedigree – produced by the legendary Sam Spiegel, with a screenplay by Lillian Hellman from the novel by Horton Foote, a rousing score by John Barry, and a stellar cast of the hottest stars of the day (including Marlon Brando, Jane Fonda, Robert Redford, Angie Dickinson and James Fox). The story of an escaped con making his way back to the corrupt Texas town and the people who sent him to prison, The Chase is a telling indictment of violence in American society. A seminal work which is ripe for rediscovery.
INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION SPECIAL FEATURES
• 4K restoration from the original negative
• Original mono audio
• Audio commentary with film historians Lem Dobbs, Julie Kirgo, and Nick Redman
• Step Back and Let Him Go: Arthur Penn on ‘The Chase’ (1996, 26 mins): previously unseen interview footage from Paul Joyce’s documentary Marlon Brando: The Wild One
• Cut to ‘The Chase’ (2017, 24 mins): a new interview with renowned actor James Fox, conducted by Richard Ayoade
• Matthew Penn on ‘The Chase’ (2017, 9 mins): a new interview with director Arthur Penn’s son
• Super 8 version: original cut-down home cinema presentation
• Isolated Score: experience John Barry’s original soundtrack music
• Original theatrical trailer
• Image gallery: on-set and promotional photography
• New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
• Limited edition exclusive booklet with a new essay by Christina Newland, an overview of contemporary critical responses, and historic articles on the film
• UK premiere on Blu-ray
• Limited Dual Format Edition of 3,000 copies
BBFC cert: 15