THE 3 WORLDS OF GULLIVER - BD
Release date: 22 March 2021
Standard Edition Blu-ray
Something of a departure for Harryhausen and Scheer, The 3 Worlds of Gulliver is a loose but wonderfully entertaining adaptation of Jonathan Swift’s famous and oft-filmed fantasy satire.
Shot in the much-heralded ‘Super Dynamation’ process, it presents impressive visual effects photography and some superb stop-motion creature work – most notably, a climactic fight with a giant crocodile. The film also features a wonderful score by the great Bernard Herrmann.
INDICATOR STANDARD EDITION SPECIAL FEATURES
- 4K restoration from the original negative
- Original mono audio
- Audio commentary with visual effects artist Randall William Cook and film historians C Courtney Joyner and Steven C Smith
- The Making of ‘The 3 Worlds of Gulliver’ (1960, 7 mins)
- Interview with Peter Lord (2017, 10 mins): an appreciation of Harryhausen’s craft by the celebrated Aardman co-founder and filmmaker
- Interview with Dave Sproxton (2017, 10 mins): the Aardman co-founder discusses the importance of Harryhausen’s work
- Interview with Dave Alex Riddett (2017, 9 mins): Aardman’s celebrated director of photography considers Harryhausen’s importance and legacy
- Isolated score: experience Bernard Herrmann’s original soundtrack music.
- Theatrical trailer
- Image gallery: extensive promotional and on-set photography, poster art and archive materials.
- New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
BBFC cert: U