TAKE A GIRL LIKE YOU - LE
THIS ITEM WAS A LIMITED EDITION AND IS NOW OUT-OF-PRINT.
STANDARD EDITIONS ARE HERE.
(Jonathan Miller, 1970)
Release date: 25 February 2019 (OOP date: 7 October 2022)
Limited Edition Blu-ray (UK Blu-ray premiere)
Jonathan Miller’s film of Kingsley Amis’ comic novel (adapted for the screen by George Melly), casts Hayley Mills (Whistle Down the Wind, Twisted Nerve) as a naïve young girl who moves from the North of England to teach in a London school and finds herself fending off the advances of a number of lusty suitors, including Oliver Reed, John Bird and Noel Harrison.
As much a document of its time as a satire on the sexual mores (and confusions) of the period, Miller’s still remarkably fresh debut feature is buoyed by its terrific cast and a typically excellent Stanley Myers score.
INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES
- High Definition remaster
- Original mono audio
- A New Era Revisited (2019, 15 mins): in-depth interview with celebrated actor Hayley Mills
- Now and Then: Jonathan Miller (1967, 42 mins): archival interview featuring the polymath director in conversation with broadcaster Bernard Braden
- Make a Film Like You (2019, 8 mins): production manager Denis Johnson Jnr and assistant director Joe Marks recalls the making of Take a Girl Like You
- Isolated music & effects track
- Original theatrical trailers
- Image gallery: on-set and promotional photography
- New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
- Limited edition exclusive 32-page booklet with a new essay by Melanie
Williams, Kingsley Amis on Take a Girl Like You, an overview of contemporary critical responses, and film credits
- UK premiere on Blu-ray
- Limited Edition of 3,000 copies
BBFC cert: 12