R.P.M. - LE
(Stanley Kramer, 1970)
Release date: 21 January 2019
Limited Blu-ray Edition (World Blu-ray premiere)
The films of director Stanley Kramer (Ship of Fools, Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner?) reflected social and political concerns of their time and tackled controversial subjects head on. The little-seen 1970 feature R.P.M., set amidst the turmoil of late-60s anti-war student protests, is no exception.
As activists seize control of a California college, a free-thinking, anti-establishment college professor (Anthony Quinn) finds himself in a precarious position when he’s invested as University President and must decide between restoring order or sanctioning a descent into anarchy.
INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES:
- High Definition remaster
- Original mono audio
- Audio commentary with film historian Paul Talbot
- wo Sides of the Coin (2019, 14 mins): interview with composer Barry De Vorzon on the songs and music of R.P.M.
- Isolated music & effects track
- TV spot
- Image gallery: on-set and promotional photography
- New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
- Limited edition exclusive 32-page booklet with a new essay by Jeff Billington, Stanley Kramer on R.P.M., original soundtrack album liner notes, an overview of contemporary critical responses, and film credits
- World premiere on Blu-ray
- Limited Edition of 3,000 copies
BBFC cert: 12