GERONIMO: AN AMERICAN LEGEND - LE
SHOULD YOU ORDER ANY OF THE ALREADY RELEASED ITEMS FROM OUR CATALOGUE AT THE SAME TIME AS THIS PRE-ORDER ITEM, PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR PURCHASES WILL ALL BE SHIPPED TOGETHER WHEN THIS PRE-ORDER ITEM BECOMES AVAILABLE.
PLEASE PLACE A SEPARATE ORDER FOR PRE-ORDERS IF YOU WISH TO HAVE IN-STOCK ITEMS SHIPPED SOONER.
(Walter Hill, 1993)
Release date: 25 January 2021
Limited Edition Blu-ray (UK Blu-ray premiere)
Geronimo: An American Legend recounts the proud history of the famous Apache warrior who refused to accept the destruction of his people and, through his resistance and bravery, earned the respect of those he fought against.
Wes Studi (The Last of the Mohicans) gives a dignified central performance as the eponymous Native American hero and is ably supported by Gene Hackman (Cisco Pike), Jason Patric (The Lost Boys), Robert Duvall (Badge 373) and, in an early role, Matt Damon, who all play his adversaries in the US cavalry.
Unjustly neglected upon its original release, Geronimo benefits from John Milius and Larry Gross’s respectful, considered screenplay which is elevated by the epic sweep of Walter Hill’s direction. A visually stunning film that beautifully captures the vastness of the frontier landscape, Hill’s film is given extra poignancy by Ry Cooder’s moving score.
INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES
- High Definition remaster
- Original 5.1 surround sound and stereo audio tracks
- Audio commentary with western experts C Courtney Joyner and Henry Parke (2021)
- The Old Days Are Gone (2021, 24 mins): director Walter Hill revisits the production of his epic western
- I Have Seen My Power (2021, 12 mins): actor Wes Studi recalls how he embodied the famous Apache warrior
- Impressions of the West (2021, 13 mins): multi-instrumentalist Ry Cooder remembers the challenges and achievements of composing the film’s score
- The Guardian Interview with Ry Cooder (1995, 72 mins): wide-ranging onstage interview with the guitar legend, conducted by film critic Jonathan Romney, filmed at the National Film Theatre, London
- ‘Geronimo’ présenté par Bertrand Tavernier (2016, 36 mins ): in-depth appreciation of the film by the esteemed French filmmaker
- Geronimo Goes to Hollywood (2020, 18 mins): Kim Newman, the author of Wild West Movies, discusses the many film portrayals of the fearless Native American
- Geronimo’s Last Raid (1912, 15 mins): new remaster of the early silent western, presented with an optional new score by the band Peninsula
- Original theatrical trailer
- Image gallery: promotional and publicity materials
- New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
- Limited edition exclusive 40-page booklet with a new essay by Omar Ahmed, extracts from screenwriter Larry Gross’ shooting diary, an overview of contemporary critical responses, and film credits
- UK premiere on Blu-ray
- Limited edition of 3,000 copies
BBFC cert: 12