EVE - LE
THIS ITEM IS AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR PAYMENT WILL BE TAKEN IMMEDIATELY, AND THAT THE ITEM WILL BE DISPATCHED JUST BEFORE THE LISTED RELEASE DATE.
SHOULD YOU ORDER ANY OF THE ALREADY RELEASED ITEMS FROM OUR CATALOGUE AT THE SAME TIME AS THIS PRE-ORDER ITEM, PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR PURCHASES WILL ALL BE SHIPPED TOGETHER WHEN THIS PRE-ORDER ITEM BECOMES AVAILABLE.
(Joseph Losey, 1962)
Release date: 28 September 2020
Limited Edition Blu-ray (World Blu-ray premiere)
Jeanne Moreau (Jules et Jim) and Stanley Baker (Yesterday’s Enemy) star as two lovers caught in a deadly affair in Joseph Losey’s 1962 adaptation of the James Hadley Chase novel.
A highly personal project for Losey, Eve was blighted by producer interference, and was heavily cut for its general release under the title Eva.
Powerhouse Films is delighted to present the longest known version of the film for the very first time on home video in this definitive, world premiere Blu-ray edition.
INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES
- Brand new 2K scan of EYE Filmmuseum’s photochemical restoration of the longest known version of the film (126 mins)
- High Definition remaster of the original European theatrical release version of Eva (109 mins)
- High Definition remaster of the alternative The Devil’s Woman version (109 mins)
- Original mono audio
- Archival Interview with Joseph Losey (1967): the acclaimed director discusses Eve in this extract from the French television programme Cinéma
- Archival Interview with Jeanne Moreau (1972): extract from the French television programme Tête d'affiche, featuring the celebrated star in conversation with actor France Roche
- The BEHP Interview with Reginald Beck (1987): archival audio recording, made as part of the British Entertainment History Project, featuring the editor, and regular Losey collaborator, in conversation with Alan Lawson
- All About Eve (2020): interview with filmmaker Gavrik Losey, son of Joseph Losey
- A Creation Myth (2020): appreciation by author and film historian Neil Sinyard
- Image gallery: publicity and promotional material
- Original UK and French theatrical trailers
- New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
- Limited edition exclusive 36-page booklet with a new essay by Phuong Le, Joseph Losey on Eve, a look at the James Hadley Chase source novel, an overview of contemporary critical responses, Simona Monizza on the EYE Filmmuseum restoration of Eve, and film credits
- World premiere on Blu-ray
- Limited edition of 3,000 copies
BBFC cert: 15