TIME WITHOUT PITY - LE
(Joseph Losey, 1957)
Release date: 28 October 2019
Limited Blu-ray Edition (World Blu-ray premiere)
Following his blacklisting in the McCarthy HUAC hearings, director Joseph Losey (Eva, The Damned, Secret Ceremony) moved to the England in the 1950s. The gritty British suspense thriller, Time Without Pity was the first film he made in the UK under his own name.
In a BAFTA-nominated performance, the great Michael Redgrave (Goodbye Gemini, Connecting Rooms, Dead of Night) stars as an anguished father whose son is convicted of murder and languishing on death row. In a desperate race-against-time, he attempts to prove his son’s innocence whilst bringing the real murderer to justice.
With photography by Freddie Francis (The Elephant Man), and a superb supporting cast including Ann Todd (Taste of Fear), Leo McKern (X the Unknown), and Peter Cushing (Corruption, The Beast Must Die), Time Without Pity is brilliantly accomplished slice of Brit-noir, and a potent cry against capital punishment.
INDICATOR LIMITED BLU-RAY EDITION BOX SET SPECIAL FEATURES:
- High Definition remaster
- Original mono audio
- The Guardian Interview with Joseph Losey (1973): the celebrated filmmaker in conversation with film critic Dilys Powell at London’s National Film Theatre
- Selected scenes commentary with film historian Neil Sinyard
- Introduction by Gavrik Losey (2019): a new interview with the filmmaker and son of director Joseph Losey
- Image gallery: on-set and promotional photography
- New English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
- Limited edition exclusive booklet with a new essay by Robert Murphy, archival interviews with cast and crew members, an overview of contemporary critical responses, archival articles, and film credits and more
- World premiere on Blu-ray
- Limited Edition of 3,000 copies
- All extras subject to change
BBFC cert: PG