RIDE LONESOME - BD
THIS ITEM IS AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR PAYMENT WILL BE TAKEN IMMEDIATELY, AND THAT THE ITEM WILL BE DISPATCHED JUST BEFORE THE LISTED RELEASE DATE.
SHOULD YOU ORDER ANY OF THE ALREADY RELEASED ITEMS FROM OUR CATALOGUE AT THE SAME TIME AS THIS PRE-ORDER ITEM, PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR PURCHASES WILL ALL BE SHIPPED TOGETHER WHEN THIS PRE-ORDER ITEM BECOMES AVAILABLE.
(Budd Boetticher, 1959)
Release date: 27 July 2020
Standard Edition Blu-ray
Vengeful bounty hunter Ben Brigade (Scott) captures the notorious, psychotic outlaw Billy (James Best), to trap the gunman’s equally deranged brother Frank (Lee Van Cleef), the man who murdered Brigade’s wife. He enlists the help of two other vigilantes (Pernell Roberts and a young James Coburn in an early screen role), but who have plans of their own for Billy...
Dense, complex and wonderfully ambiguous, this suspenseful western drama is perhaps the most revered of the Boetticher/Scott collaborations, and has been cited as a major inspiration by filmmakers including Sergio Leone, Clint Eastwood and Martin Scorsese, and by critics as one of the finest American westerns of the 1950s.
INDICATOR STANDARD EDITION SPECIAL FEATURES
- 2K restoration from the original negative
- Original mono audio
- Audio commentary with writer and film historian Jeremy Arnold
- The Guardian Interview with Budd Boetticher (1994, 95 mins): an extensive filmed interview conducted by film historian David Meeker at the National Film Theatre, London
- Martin Scorsese on ‘Ride Lonesome’ (2009, 6 mins): the renowned filmmaker discusses the influence of Boetticher’s films
- Playing in the Open (2018, 14 mins): an audiovisual essay by Cristina Álvarez López
- Isolated music and effects track
- Original theatrical trailer
- John Sayles trailer commentary (2013, 3 mins): a short critical appreciation
- Image gallery: promotional stills and publicity material
- New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
BBFC cert: 12