MAD DOG MORGAN - BD
PLEASE PLACE A SEPARATE ORDER FOR PRE-ORDERS IF YOU WISH TO HAVE IN-STOCK ITEMS SHIPPED SOONER.
(Philippe Mora, 1976)
Release date: 18 July 2022
Standard Edition Blu-ray
Based on the true story of Dan Morgan – the infamous Australian outlaw once described as ‘the most bloodthirsty ruffian that ever took to the bush’ – Mad Dog Morgan provides the perfect showcase for the unique star quality of Dennis Hopper (Night Tide, The Last Movie).
After witnessing a bloody massacre of Chinese workers on Australia’s goldfields, Morgan turns to a life of crime, becoming a bushranger and the scourge of the vicious authorities – and, ultimately, a local legend – leaving a bloody legacy in his wake.
Nominated for two Australian Film Institute Awards, including one for director Philippe Mora (The Beast Within), Mad Dog Morgan is a brutal and uncompromising slice of Ozploitation.
INDICATOR STANDARD EDITION SPECIAL FEATURES
- New restoration from a 4K scan of the interpositive by Powerhouse Films
- Two presentations of the film: Mad Dog Morgan, the 103-minute director’s cut; and Mad Dog, the 95-minute UK/US theatrical cut
- Original mono audio
- Audio commentary with writer-director Philippe Mora and film critic Jake Wilson (2019)
- Audio commentary with writer-director Philippe Mora (2009)
- To Shoot a Mad Dog (1976, 25 mins): behind-the-scenes documentary featuring interview footage with actor Dennis Hopper, produced and directed by David Elfick
- Hopping Mad (2019, 34 mins): Mora reflects on the film’s production and working with Hopper
- That’s Our Mad Dog: A Conversation with Dennis Hopper & Philippe Mora (2008, 29 mins): the legendary actor looks back at his experience of making the film
- ‘Not Quite Hollywood’ Interview Excerpts (2008, 67 mins): extensive selection of outtakes from Mark Hartley’s acclaimed documentary on Australian cinema, featuring Mora, producer Jeremy Thomas, camera operator John Seale, and actors Jack Thompson, Roger Ward and Graeme Blundell
- Interview with Mike Molloy (2009, 8 mins): the director of photography in discussion with Mora
- Interview with Richard Brennan (2009, 6 mins): the associate producer in conversation with Mora
- Radio Interview with Philippe Mora (1976, 15 mins)
- Mad Country: Shooting Locations Revisited (2019) with optional audio commentary by Mora
- Archival Intro/Outro with Philippe Mora (2009, 8 mins)
- Original theatrical trailer
- Image gallery: promotional and publicity material
- Production diary gallery
- New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
BBFC cert: 15