BUFFALO BILL AND THE INDIANS, OR SITTING BULL'S HISTORY LESSON - LE
SHOULD YOU ORDER ANY OF THE ALREADY RELEASED ITEMS FROM OUR CATALOGUE AT THE SAME TIME AS THIS PRE-ORDER ITEM, PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR PURCHASES WILL ALL BE SHIPPED TOGETHER WHEN THIS PRE-ORDER ITEM BECOMES AVAILABLE.
PLEASE PLACE A SEPARATE ORDER FOR PRE-ORDERS IF YOU WISH TO HAVE IN-STOCK ITEMS SHIPPED SOONER.
(Robert Altman, 1976)
Release date: 14 December 2020
Limited Edition Blu-ray (UK Blu-ray premiere)
An all-star cast – including Paul Newman, Burt Lancaster, Geraldine Chaplin, Joel Grey, Harvey Keitel, and Shelley Duvall – assembles for Robert Altman’s follow-up to his 1975 critical success, Nashville. Swapping the country-and-western scene for Buffalo Bill’s ‘Wild West’ shows of the late nineteenth century, the film is another of Altman’s pitch-perfect satires, offering a sidelong glance at the myths of America.
INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES
- High Definition remaster
- Two presentations of the film: the original US and UK theatrical cut (124 minutes); and the shorter European cut (104 minutes)
- Original mono audio
- From the Prairie to the Palace (1976): archival on-set documentary featuring rare footage of Robert Altman and Paul Newman
- Interview with Jim Webb (2007): the sound mixer discusses his work with Altman
- Seven silent films featuring Buffalo Bill and the stars of his Wild West shows, with optional musical accompaniment by Bernard Wrigley: Annie Oakley (1895); Parade of Buffalo Bill’s Wild West Show, No. 1 (1898); Parade of Buffalo Bill’s Wild West Show, No. 2 (1898); Buffalo Bill’s Wild West Parade (1902); Buffalo Bill’s Wild West and Pawnee Bill’s Far East (1910); The Life of Buffalo Bill Parts I–III (1912); and Ford Animated Weekly (1916)
- Original theatrical trailer
- Teaser trailer
- TV spot
- Image gallery: promotional and publicity materials
- New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
- Limited edition exclusive booklet with a new essay by Richard Combs, extracts from Altman on Altman, an overview of contemporary critical responses, Peter Stanfield on the silent films of Buffalo Bill, and film credits
- UK premiere on Blu-ray
- Limited edition of 3,000 copies
EXTRAS SUBJECT TO CHANGE
BBFC cert: PG