THIS ITEM WAS A LIMITED EDITION AND IS NOW OUT OF PRINT.
(Richard Fleischer, 1972)
Release date: 30th January 2017
Limited Dual Format Edition (UK Blu-ray premiere)
Richard Fleischer's gritty and fateful portrait of LA cops adapted from Joseph Wambaugh's autobiographical bestseller, is anchored by superb performances from George C. Scott as a world-weary older cop who quietly fears becoming obsolete, and Stacy Keach as the young rookie he takes under his wing.
INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION SPECIAL FEATURES:
• High Definition remaster
• Original mono audio
• Cop Stories: The Making of Richard Fleischer’s ‘The New Centurions’ (2016, 44 mins): new documentary featuring interviews with actor Stacy Keach, writer Joseph Wambaugh, technical advisor Richard E. Kalk and assistant cameraman Ronald Vidor
• Super 8 version (1973, 17 mins): original truncated home cinema presentation
• Original theatrical trailer
• New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
• Limited edition exclusive 20-page booklet with a new essay by Nick Pinkerton, new piece Critical Response: From Page to Screen by Jeff Billington, and Production Notes
• UK Blu-ray premiere
• Limited Dual Format Edition of 3,000 copies
BBFC cert: 15